To make your free consultation with a San Mateo Bankruptcy Attorney as effective and efficient as possible, please do the following before you visit:
If you are a homeowner, get some idea of the value of your home by looking at
Determine the value of your car by checking
and looking up the “private party value” of your car, in “good” condition.
Get your credit report for free, once a year, at
Gather the following documents:
(1) Tax returns (signed) for the last 2 years.
• Records of all real property transfers for the past two years
• Records of all financial accounts including IRAs
• Copies of all bank account statements for the past 6 months
• Copies of all insurance policies
• Copies of all lawsuits and related documents (such as judgments) in which you are the plaintiff
• Educational individual retirement accounts
• State tuition programs
• Medical savings plans
• Copies of bills (including house and car payments, and credit card statements) for the past 90 days.
• Copies of court orders creating domestic support obligations
• Copies of income tax claims and assessments.
• Copies of all lawsuits and related documents (such as judgments) in which you are the defendant
(4) Income and expenses:
• Copy of checkbook transaction pages for the past six months
• Copy of pay stubs for the past six months
• Profit-and-loss statements for the past six months (if self-employed)
• Proof of income from all other sources, if any