It Is Time for a Fresh Start
The social stigma attached to filing for bankruptcy is nearly gone due in large part to our difficult economy. Many good, hardworking people have been wracked with debt in the past several years. It's time to get out from under that debt and begin to create a more stable financial future.
I am Kendall Coffman, and I am a lawyer who can help individuals determine whether bankruptcy is the best solution possible in their situation. I have the knowledge and experience to educate you on the costs and benefits of the different forms of bankruptcy.
San Mateo Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney
Through the years, I have come to expect my clients to have several questions about bankruptcy, including:
- Will this stop harassing calls and collections letters?
- What types of debt are discharged?
- Will I lose my house or car?
- What does Chapter 7 actually do for me?
- How long does the bankruptcy process last?
I can answer these and many other questions about bankruptcy. As soon as you begin considering bankruptcy as an option to alleviate your financial problems, I encourage you to contact my office.
Facts About Chapter 7
There are many reasons why filing for Chapter 7 under the Bankruptcy Code might be the best solution for you. Some of these reasons include:
- There is no repayment. A successful Chapter 7 filing will discharge your unsecured debt.
- Spouses may file jointly or independently, whatever is in your best interest.
- An automatic stay is ordered immediately following the filing of a bankruptcy petition. The automatic stay is a Court order that halts further collection of debts.
- Filing for Chapter 7 stops wage garnishments or any lawsuits brought against you by creditors.
- If you are found ineligible for Chapter 7 following a means test, you still might qualify for Chapter 13.
These are just a few of the many facts and aspects about Chapter 7 bankruptcy that my clients typically find useful. I encourage you to contact my office to schedule a more in-depth meeting.
Stop California Creditor Harassment
Filing for bankruptcy can be frightening if you feel as if there is no one standing by your side. I am attorney Kendall D. Coffman, and I have provided representation and guidance in bankruptcy filings for more than a decade. Contact my San Mateo office either online or by calling 866-899-8561. I offer a free 45-minute consultation. Contact me to schedule an appointment.